Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Summer of Wonderful

As I was lamenting to my friend, Jen, of how I wish we were having a more exciting summer full of vacations and fun activities, I was downloading pictures off my camera. And, well, the pictures were telling me a different story.
No, they are not pictures of us on a beach in Hawaii or pictures of us posing in front of any amazing landmark. They are not pictures of us boating or camping or enjoying an amusement park. But they are pictures of what has proven to be a very full summer so far. The summer of Maddie. The summer our family became a family of 5. (And honestly, what's more exciting, more breathtaking and more adrenaline pumping than a new baby right?)

And I think the pictures say enough. They surprised me and reminded me that although we'd all love a fabulous vacation and weeks full of family, friends and non-stop excitement, we are having a lovely summer and we need to savor every morsel we are given. Here's a smattering of our joyful moments; I loved them too much to keep to myself.


Life is good with a best friend and a corn dog.




Maddie happy to be with her big sis.




Papa getting some love from Malia.




Grammy got a lot of "baby time" during her visit and loved every minute.



The first of many goofy pictures of the Mowad sisters.

(This one brought tears, knowing this is just the beginning for these three sisters.)

3 comments:

Kate said...

I think I would scare beach-goers if Hawaii if I were to step onto it in a bathing suit......

love the pics! Maddy already looks so big!

imblerfamily said...

I can relate to tearing up Jen! Tonight at the fair I started tearing up (of all places!!) when Jake waved and yelled "hi" to Luke when they were on a ride. He loves his big brother and they have such a wonderful bond already! Here's to making more memories for both of our families!!

Jen K. said...

I had to do a double take with the picture of Maddie and Malia! (they both look so big!).
You have had an amazing summer and you summed it up just right. May not be Hawaii, but I would sure take a new baby and family visits, over that anyday.
xoxo