Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thankful for Cousins

Girl babies abound in both of our families, so Livy is thrilled whenever she hears we are getting together with the cousins. The girl's cousins up North, Lexi and Brooke, are 7 and 4, while the cousins down South, Marin and Brooke are 4 and 3. Umm...we get together with the cousins and don't see the whites of Olivia's eyes until bedtime (when she's amped up on cousin adrenaline) and she's already asking if she'll get to see her cousins in the morning. Malia loves the attention she gets from the cousins, but doesn't yet grasp the nirvana of being born into this family of XX chromosomes.

Cousin pictures at Grammy's house


The temptation proved too great.


Upon arrival back in Ventura, we were back in cousin mode with the Southern cousins in town. Does life get any better?


Parade watching and candy gathering at the S.P. Christmas Parade


Is this not just incredibly sweet?

Upon returning to preschool last week, Liv was asked to add to her Book of Feelings, which gives the kids a prompt (I am excited when..., I am sad when...). Olivia's (completely unprompted) response that day:


"I am grateful for going to my cousin's house."



2 comments:

imblerfamily said...

LOVE the fountain picture!! The tongue and long sleeves submerged are classic! You should seriously frame that one!!

Jenn Kirk said...

That is so sweet. I have such fond memories of growing up with my own cousins. There is something so special about bonding with your blood!