Sunday, September 20, 2009

Malia's "happy place"

Malia knows a good thing when she sees it...so when she saw the Ergo (backpack) sitting in the family room during her pre-dinner fussy period, she knew exactly what to do. She picked it up and carried it into the kitchen where I was prepping dinner and talking with Livy, and proceeded to hand it to me. Once she had handed it over, she thrust her arms up at me and whined until I put the pack on my front and put her inside. And then? She snuggled up, all became blissfully quiet and I think we both sighed contentedly. Honestly, I think a cozy baby pressed against you must lower one's blood pressure...or maybe my blood pressure drops because there's one less person whining and fussing at me...

I adore the Ergo: I love wearing my babies, it has made life with two kids undeniably easier, and obviously Malia takes comfort in being close to me. Think I can wrap her up close to me when she's thirteen and mad because I won't let her attend a boy-girl party? I need to find the Moby/Ergo for teenagers I think...


5 comments:

dakotasmommy said...

what a smart little lady....
I love your idea about the teenage moby, brilliant!

imblerfamily said...

Such a sweet story about Malia and the Ergo!! Plus we cannot deny this must be a sign of true genius...once again!!!

Jen said...

I know, I know, I breed geniuses. ;)
Kidding aside, this is one of those memories that I hope I never forget.

Anonymous said...

i have seen the ergo works it's magic on malia. XOXO
Jen

Kate said...

buying an Ergo from Kelly was the best money I ever spent....Disneyland has never been the same since!