My favorite is her use of the "You're kidding me" phrase. If I tease her about something and she's not completely sure I'm teasing, she'll look at me with this funny look in her eye and say "You're kidding me?" almost in a questioning tone, like she's unsure if I'm teasing or not. Where an adult might say, "You're joking" or "You're too much!", she always says it the same, "You're kidding me!" and she laughs whether she gets the joke or not. It's very sweet.
Paul's current favorite (and the one to which I grudgingly smile while surreptitiously covering said smile) is Olivia's current practice of calling me Jenni. All kids practice using their parent's names, and she has called me Jen numerous times in the past. But she has picked up on the exact tone Paul uses when he teases me by calling me Jenni, more like "Jen-E", with his same goofy laugh and teasing little grin. And she typically does it only when he's around because of course he gives her great satisfaction by laughing hysterically at her imitation. Oh the things their daddies teach them...
Her imagination is furiously at work and we walked in the other morning to find that her pre-bedtime routine had included a ballet class in which many of her animals were dressed in her skirts (which she assured me were actually tutus). Yes, we are quite obsessed with all things ballet lately, and as much as she is loving her class and is very serious about it, Paul thinks it has more to do with her love for ballet gear (i.e. tutus and slippers) than her interest in the dance itself.
Paul's current favorite (and the one to which I grudgingly smile while surreptitiously covering said smile) is Olivia's current practice of calling me Jenni. All kids practice using their parent's names, and she has called me Jen numerous times in the past. But she has picked up on the exact tone Paul uses when he teases me by calling me Jenni, more like "Jen-E", with his same goofy laugh and teasing little grin. And she typically does it only when he's around because of course he gives her great satisfaction by laughing hysterically at her imitation. Oh the things their daddies teach them...
Her imagination is furiously at work and we walked in the other morning to find that her pre-bedtime routine had included a ballet class in which many of her animals were dressed in her skirts (which she assured me were actually tutus). Yes, we are quite obsessed with all things ballet lately, and as much as she is loving her class and is very serious about it, Paul thinks it has more to do with her love for ballet gear (i.e. tutus and slippers) than her interest in the dance itself.

The other day she brought a book to her table at lunchtime and I figured it was something she'd just finished reading while I was preparing her lunch. Nope. She brought reading material to enjoy during lunch. Yep, guess she's picking up some stuff from mom too...

And since we've been busy practicing jumping on one foot in gymnastics, Olivia takes every opportunity to practice this skill at every opportunity, including while holding mom's hand while crossing the street. Must be very entertaining for cars that are waiting for us to hurry up and cross I'm sure. Here she is practicing while we enjoyed an afternoon at Padaro Grill in Carpinteria.

Speaking of Padaro Grill, I think I've figured out why she's always excited about going there with Daddy and I...
No comments:
Post a Comment